[Libs-Or] New Rotten Ralph Art Show free to any library in the U.S. from Oregon author/artist Nicole Rubel!

Sue Kopp SKopp at warnerpacific.edu
Tue Oct 18 09:06:31 PDT 2011

This is a great opportunity from a local author (and my neighbor)!!

-Sue

Raise your paw for the new Rotten Ralph art show! What if famous master painters like Michelangelo, Degas or Picasso owned a cat like Rotten Ralph? Let's imagine and create.

My goal is to inspire art appreciation, art history and the understanding of art styles through a popular bestselling children's book character. The art show is free to any library. It contains 11 Ralph inspired paintings. There is also a Ralph pillow, a giant furry paw, and rare black and white photos of Jack Gantos and me presenting to schools dressed as Rotten Ralph and Sarah and other fabulous finds.

There are eighteen Rotten Ralph books in print. The Nine Lives of Rotten Ralph was published recently from Houghton Mifflin Co. And Three Strikes for Rotten Ralph just came out from Farrar, Straus and Giroux.

Please write: Nicole at nicolerubel.com to host the free art show for one to two months. Libraries are responsible for keeping show safe in a locked glass case and shipping insured to next library. Shipping is less than $20.

Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth.  Pablo Picasso

"I was born on April Fools' Day,

but I celebrate my birthday every day."

--Rotten Ralph

Cheers,

Nicole Rubel

http://www.nicolerubel.com <http://www.nicolerubel.com/>

Fun stuff and Rotten Ralph artwork for sale:   http://www.cafepress.com/nicolerubel (My café press site: "The World of Nicole Rubel," has Pop Kitty, Ralph Van Gogh and Rotten Picasso available as posters, tee shirts and book bags! And more!!)