[Libs-Or] Library 2.011 Conference Presentation Proposal Deadline Extended

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Thu Sep 15 16:38:27 PDT 2011

Thank you for your interest in the inaugural Library 2.011 Worldwide
Conference <http://www.library20.com/page/2011-conference> ! As you know,
September 15 was the deadline for submitting presentation proposals, but the
number of conference signups over the past four days has been incredible.
Therefore, we’ve decided to extend the deadline for submitting a short
abstract of your presentation. Speaking proposals are now due by Sunday,
September 25. To view the six thought-provoking topic strands, visit:
http://www.library20.com/page/strands-proposals

If you already submitted your presentation proposal, we thank you for your
timeliness. To show our appreciation, we will give you the choice of time
slots for presenting. Proposals are currently being reviewed, and once
accepted, we’ll send you a link to the scheduling page. Then simply choose
an available time slot and date, and we’ll see you online.

In addition to the new deadline of Sunday, September 25 for submitting
proposals, here is an updated set of important dates to remember:

*	September 30:      Acceptance notification of presentations that
were submitted by the original deadline of September 15 will be emailed.
*	October 1:             Presentations submitted by the original
deadline of September 15 will be allowed to start scheduling presentation
times.
*	October 6:             Presentations submitted by the extended
deadline of September 25 will be allowed to start scheduling presentation
times.
*	November 2:         The conference begins!

If you haven’t already done so, take a moment to look through the set of
presentation proposals that have been submitted to date.
http://www.library20.com/forum/categories/library-2011-conference/listForCat
egory

We are also very thankful for the support of our sponsor and partner
organizations <http://www.library20.com/page/conference-partners>  and
everyone who has helped to spread the word about the conference.

As a reminder, this exciting event will be held online in multiple languages
and time zones, and it’s free to attend! We’ll see you online November 2-3!

Thank you,

Dr. Sandra Hirsh

Professor and Director

School of Library and Information Science <http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/>

San José State University

More Information:  http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/people/faculty/hirshs/hirshs.php

Steve Hargadon

steve at hargadon.com
http://www.stevehargadon.com <http://www.stevehargadon.com/>

http://www.web20labs.com
916-283-7901 / stevehargadon on Skype & Twitter

Please excuse cross-postings, and feel free to forward this email.