[Libs-Or] Job posting: Sage Library System Technical Support Specialist
buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org
Mon Dec 3 10:02:00 PST 2012
We're looking for someone great to provide technical support for Sage
Library System member libraries. Please let me know if you have any
Hood River County Library District
502 State St
Hood River, OR 97031
Sage Library System Technical Support Specialist
Closing Date: December 31, 2012
*About Hood River County Library District**and the Sage Library System*
Hood River County Library District is dedicated to promoting the
enjoyment of reading and culture, responding to the community's need for
information, and enriching quality of life for its patrons. The library
serves approximately 22,000 people, who checked out over 100,000 items
in 2011-12. It includes three branches: Cascade Locks, Hood River, and
Parkdale. All three libraries are crucial sources of free public
Internet access and electronic information, with over 17,000 Internet
sessions logged in 2011-12 by residents and visitors alike on the
library's computers. The Hood River branch is in a stunning Carnegie
library that was expanded in 2003. Cascade Locks and Parkdale are
located in the busy centers of their communities. The district enjoys a
very supportive Friends group, Foundation, and volunteers.
The Sage Library System, of which Hood River County Library District is
a part, is a consortium of over 70 member institutions in fifteen
counties of eastern and central Oregon. Sage is committed to providing
all residents within its area with opportunities for educational,
cultural, and intellectual growth by sharing library materials, training
member libraries, collaborating, and innovating among public, academic,
school, and special libraries. In 2011-12, Sage checked out over 1.2
million items to its 160,000 users.
Hood River County is in the heart of the Columbia Gorge and Mount Hood
recreational areas, providing opportunity for many outdoor activities
including windsurfing, kiteboarding, hiking, cycling, skiing, and much
more. The district has stable funding from a countywide special district.
For more information, please visit us online:
* Hood River County Library District - http://hoodriverlibrary.org
* Sage Library System - http://catalog.sage.eou.edu/
* Hood River County Chamber of Commerce - http://hoodriver.org/
The Hood River County Library District seeks an enthusiastic technical
support specialist who is excited at the opportunity to serve libraries
across Oregon. The Sage Library System Technical Support Specialist
provides technical support and services to Sage Library System member
institutions and works closely with the Sage Library System Manager to
manage, configure, and train member institutions to use Sage's
integrated library system software.
The individual in this position must have experience in technology
troubleshooting for a wide variety of hardware and software and the
ability to communicate technical information simply, clearly, and
understandably. Fluency in Spanish is preferred. The position reports to
the Library Director but works closely with the Sage Library System
Job responsibilities include:
* Troubleshooting technical problems related to the integrated library
system (ILS) and other consortium-related technology with Sage
* Configuring users, permissions, and settings in the ILS for Sage
* Training Sage member institutions to use the ILS and other
* Assisting to monitor and maintain Sage system servers.
* Assisting in designing, updating, and maintaining the Sage Library
System public catalog.
This position is part-time, 25 hours per week, and includes weekend and
* Associate's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent.
Degree in a technology- or library-related field preferred
* One year experience working with database and customer management
software, preferably integrated library systems.
* Two years experience working in technology support, preferably in a
* Any equivalent combination of education and experience satisfying
Opening salary ranges from $15.22 to $15.83/hour, depending upon
qualifications. The position also includes pro-rated group medical
insurance, retirement, and vacation benefits.
*How to apply*
Please read the job description carefully and submit the following:
* A completed Hood River County Library District Application for
* Cover letter;
* Current resume.
The complete application packet, together with the job description, is
available from the following sources:
* Online at http://hoodriverlibrary.org/about-us/employment.html.
* Hood River Library, 502 State St, Hood River, OR 97031.
* Cascade Locks Library, 140 SW Wa-Na-Pa, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
* Parkdale Library, 7300 Clear Creek Rd, OR 97041.
* By calling 541-387-7062 or emailing info at hoodriverlibrary.org.
Documents must be submitted in OpenDocument, PDF, or Microsoft Office
format. Complete application packets are due by 5.00p on Monday,
December 31, 2012, to Hood River County Library District, 502 State St,
Hood River, OR 97031, info at hoodriverlibrary.org. Electronic submissions
are highly preferred.
The Hood River County Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or