[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacoun] response to Penguin announcement

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:48:08 PST 2012

Just thought this might be of interest.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Molly Raphael" <mraphael at rapgroup.com>
Date: Feb 10, 2012 9:37 AM
Subject: [alacoun] response to Penguin announcement
To: "ALA Council" <alacoun at ala.org>

I wanted to make sure you saw our response to the latest Penguin
announcement
http://www.ala.org/news/pr?id=9362
*
*
This is a very fast paced environment, and decisions such as Penguin's have
a lot to do with what options (or lack of options) are available for
publishers in making their content available to libraries.  We are
continuing to work on solutions, recognizing the urgency of the situation.
 Our conversations with publishers last week have really helped open direct
communication.

Molly
*
*