[Libs-Or] Continuing education links on Facebook

Pierina Parise pparise at emporia.edu
Tue Feb 28 11:29:46 PST 2012

Join Northwest Central on Facebook and never miss an update. NWC [http://www.nwcentral.org/] is a key continuing education network for library staff in the Pacific Northwest.  You can use our website to find trainings and resources on a broad range of topics, from conducting a capital campaign, to rethinking the best ways to help your users, to new fantasy books for teens, to integrating ebooks in your library. There’s something for every kind of library and every kind of library worker.

NWC doesn’t produce continuing education opportunities, but we scour the web for likely possibilities for you, members of our library community. All library staff are encouraged to join NWC and post events and resources themselves, as they become aware of them.

And you can “like” us on FB. Add your comments on events you’ve experienced and let others know how useful a training or resources is. Continuing Education is vital to today’s library staff. Technology changes rapidly, and our patrons’ needs have grown as well. At NWC, we try to find sources that not only fit your CE needs, but also your budget. We’ll post anything we think will be helpful, but we always keep our eyes open for free or low cost training.  Help us get the word out about NWC to the Pacific Northwest library community. Join us on Facebook today.