[Libs-Or] *FREE* ACRL National Webinars - Mark Your Calendars!

Robin Paynter robinpaynter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:48:20 PST 2012

*ACRL-Oregon, ACRL-Washington, and OHSU Library* are proud to co-sponsor
the following ACRL National webinars to support continuing education for
academic librarians in Oregon and Washington!

*Please note*: We will gather at a host library for each webinar - these
sessions are open to EVERYONE (members and non-members) and are intended to
encourage group discussion and networking! Online access to the session URL
will be emailed to ACRL-Oregon and ACRL-Washington members after each
webinar.

>From Idea to Publication Part One: Understanding the Research
Question<http://www.ala.org/acrl/onlinelearning/elearning/courses/ideatopubseries>
(February 7, 2012)  (Location TBA)
Learn to formulate and define good research questions, select appropriate
research methodologies and design the research study. Specific topics will
include developing useful questionnaires, techniques used in conducting
telephone interviews, working with focus groups and constructing surveys to
get the information you need.

>From Idea to Publication Part Two: Analysis and
Writing<http://www.ala.org/acrl/onlinelearning/elearning/courses/ideatopubseries>
(March 7, 2012)  (Location TBA)
Quantitative methods necessitate certain kinds of analyses, while
qualitative methods operate on different assumptions and different kinds of
data.  It is essential to have an understanding of the appropriate forms of
analyses (along with their possibilities and limitations).  Learn learn to
express their research in publishable form.

Shifting Sands: How Small Changes in Policy, Culture and Technology are
Determining the Future of
Libraries<http://www.ala.org/acrl/onlinelearning/elearning/courses/shiftingsands>
(March 27, 2012) - WSU Pullman
Discover how changes in national and international policy, the growth of
the free culture movement, and the rapid evolution of technology are having
big impacts on libraries, and what you can do to help turn the tide.

>From Idea to Publication Part Three: Submitting for
Publication<http://www.ala.org/acrl/onlinelearning/elearning/courses/ideatopubseries>
(April 3, 2012) (Location TBA)
Learn how to select an appropriate journal or publisher, learn how to
prepare a manuscript for submission, and understand what the submission
process will encompass.