[Libs-Or] Looking to purchase a microfilm scanner

Christy Davis cdavis at klamathlibrary.org
Wed Jul 11 12:14:05 PDT 2012

Our library is looking into the purchase of a new microforms scanner.  This scanner would mostly be for patron use, and primarily for looking at microfilm reels of newspapers.  We're interested in one of the newer models that hook up to a PC and would allow for emailing and downloading to storage devices. Has anyone out there made a recent (within the last two years) purchase of such a machine?  We'd like to hear if you're particularly happy with a purchase or if there are machines/service contracts to avoid.  If other parties are interested, I can share the responses to the questions.

Christy Davis
Supervising Librarian
Klamath County Library Service District
Klamath Falls, Oregon