[Libs-Or] Bookplates: Summary of responses

Laura Orr Laura_Orr at co.washington.or.us
Mon Jul 23 09:11:32 PDT 2012

Greetings:

I got a lot of wonderful suggestion - thank you, Liz, Jeremy, Alan,
Becky, and um - did I miss someone? - I think I did - apologies!!

Here's the list I've compiled so far - and feel free to send other
suggestions - I can update:

1) This local biz specializes in wedding invites, but would likely be
able to make a referral
Ovation Papers: they sell and work with small printers on lots of things
paper: http://www.oblationpapers.com/

2) Morel Ink:  www.morelink.biz  (formerly Witham & Dickey) which is
located in SE Portland.

3) myownlabels.com: http://www.myownlabels.com/bookplates
They have "bricks and mortar" (and 27 employees!!) in PDX:
http://www.myownlabels.com/about/

4) And, only in Portland... Phantom Chicken!
http://phantomchicken.com/index.html
Their "flatstock" gallery shows business cards, greeting cards, and much
more - I bet (but don't know for sure) that a bookplate would be
"do-able": http://phantomchicken.com/deploy/pcPortfolio11.html

5) There are some custom printing/design ads out on Craigslist - might
be worth a try. And, of course, the attorney could post their WISH to
Craigslist and likely have it come true!

6) Maybe someone at IPRC would have an idea? http://www.iprc.org/

7) I used a Martha Stewart template and VistaPrint and they turned out
beautifully. But supporting local printers is an admirable thing:
http://www.marthastewart.com/269870/homemade-bookplates
http://www.vistaprint.com

8) I would recommend contacting someone at the Em-Space letterpress
print collective in Portland. These are all talented local artists, who
do phenomenal work.
http://www.em-space.org/

Laura

Laura J. Orr