[Libs-Or] Evaluating adult programs

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Tue Jul 24 17:11:53 PDT 2012

Hi everyone:

How do you evaluate the success of an adult program? Do you go by the attendance or do you try to capture something more meaningful? Do you try to get people to fill out an evaluation? I would love to hear from folks on how they decide whether something was valuable for their community and worth the effort and cost to provide. I know we have no shortage of ideas, which means that selecting what programming to provide is definitely helped when it's based on....something. The success, or failure, of a program would certainly be a factor. Beyond your spidey sense, how do you know, what is the data you collect, that tells you something soared or something bombed.

Thanks in advance! I'm happy to summarize and send back out if others are interested.

Mo

 [cid:image001.jpg at 01CD69BE.F068B8B0]

Maureen Cole
mcole at orcity.org<mailto:mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us>
Library Director
Oregon City Public Library
606 John Adams Street
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
503-657-8269 ext 1010
503-657-3702 Fax

Website: www.orcity.org/library<http://www.orcity.org/library>
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE:
This e-mail is subject to the State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.