[Libs-Or] seeking door counter

Abigail Elder AElder at ci.tualatin.or.us
Tue Jul 24 19:00:20 PDT 2012

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for a cheap, easy door counter for our local senior center. Here's a quick summary of the responses that I received (including two messages from Buzzy that he received when he asked this question last year.)

Many thanks for the emails, and special thanks to Cedar Mills Community Library-Bethany, who donated a Sensource battery operated counter to our cause. We owe you, Peter!

-abigail

Hi Abigail,

After much research we purchased a people counter from SenSource http://www.sensourceinc.com/PC-TB12.htm it was more than we had hoped to spend (about $400), but it has data download capabilities we like. it did require tech support to get the software working.

Good luck!

Katinka Bryk
Gladstone Public Library
135 E Dartmouth
Gladstone, OR 97027
(503) 656-2411
This is the one we use at the library  http://total-count.com/
 Dion.H (Jackson County)
We are currently using people counters from SenSource.  The model number and price is below.  They are very basic, but seem to be working fine since we installed them several months ago.  They are connected to an electrical outlet rather than using a battery.  A magnet is required to reset them back to 0. which we do daily.
Item: PC-QS06-D
Price: $149.95
Before we had counters from Walker Wireless that used a battery.  We had issues with the batteries lasting and the cover needed to be removed in order to reset them so we didn't do it on a daily basis.  I know that Denise Holmes from Banks Community Library is using the ones from Walker and is not having the same problems we did.

Thanks,

Robyn

Forest Grove City Library

We have two entrances/exits and we just purchased two directional door counters so that we actually can count how many people are coming in and going out each door. I will only count entrances but it's so interesting to see the traffic pattern in the building. The read out also can tell you the time down to the half hour.

This is what we purchased; it was about $2900. We skipped the reports software which we figure we can add later.

Mo

"Here is the Walker Wireless main page:  http://peoplecounter.walkerwirelessco.com/support/

Our system includes the Directional 418 with 2 sets of DIR 418 Directional Indoor Beams, Compucount Dual Radio and Boostacount 418-900 MHz Repeater.  We opted to go without the software which produces fancy reports, but we can export to excel with current system and always upgrade later if we want.

Jennifer Maupin is the sales rep I worked with:  jmaupin at walkerwirelessco.com<mailto:jmaupin at walkerwirelessco.com>  (888) 308-8500" (my staff person Michelle Krause was in charge of this project)

This message has been sent by an employee or official of the City of Tualatin, Oregon. This may be a public record, but may also contain information deemed confidential or privileged by state or federal law and for that reason, exempt from disclosure. DO NOT COPY OR FORWARD TO UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee/agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception of this message may be in violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at helpdesk at ci.tualatin.or.us<mailto:helpdesk at ci.tualatin.or.us>