[Libs-Or] (no subject)

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 23:04:55 PDT 2012

 District Dispatch <http://www.districtdispatch.org/>
News for Librarians and Friends of Libraries from the ALA Washington Office

   - Home <http://www.districtdispatch.org/>
   - About <http://www.districtdispatch.org/about-district-dispatch/>
   - Comments <http://www.districtdispatch.org/comment-guidelines/>
   - Contact Congress <http://capwiz.com/ala/home/>
   - Log in <http://www.districtdispatch.org/wp-login.php>
   - NLLD <http://www.districtdispatch.org/nlld/>
   - Subscribe <http://capwiz.com/ala/mlm/signup/>
   - Text Alerts <http://www.districtdispatch.org/textalerts/>

http://networkedblogs.com/ApfwP?a=share
 Ask your senators to support privacy amendments in cybersecurity bill
Posted on July 29,
2012<http://www.districtdispatch.org/2012/07/ask-your-senators-to-support-privacy-amendments-in-cybersecurity-bill/>
by TWegner <http://www.districtdispatch.org/author/twegner/> |

This week the Senate is considering major cybersecurity legislation,
S. 3414<http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/thomas>,
that could let the government collect your sensitive and personal internet
records. The bill is in flux and subject to change during floor debate with
"good" and "bad" amendments. Your calls can make the difference. It is
imperative that you call your senators now.

*Call Now*

Use the boxes below to be directly connected to your U.S. Senators. Once
you enter your information you will receive a call with recorded talking
points. After listening to that brief message, you will be connected to the
DC office of one of your senators.
Zip Code:

Mobile Phone Number:

*SCRIPT TO USE WHEN MAKING CALLS*: My name is (your name) and I am a
constituent. I am calling about S. 3414, the Cybersecurity Act of 2012. As
my Senator, I am asking you to:

1. * Vote YES* on privacy amendments like the Franken-Paul amendment so
that companies do not have the overbroad authority to monitor and even
block our private communications, and,

2. *Vote NO* on anti-privacy amendments like the McCain and Huchison
amendments that would allow the NSA and military to directly collect and
use Americans' personal internet information.

Again, Vote YES on Franken-Paul and NO on antiprivacy amendments. Thank you!

http://networkedblogs.com/ApfwP?a=share

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou