[Libs-Or] OLA SSD Conference Early Bird Registration Ends Soon!

Michael Mackin mackinm at ohsu.edu
Wed Jun 13 19:45:34 PDT 2012

Greetings:

Just a reminder that our early bird registration special ends soon (June 20th) for the 18th annual OLA Support Staff Division Gateways Conference : Support Staff – Changing Lives Every Day! The conference will take place in Eugene, Oregon on Friday, July 20th at the Valley River Inn.

We are thrilled to announce that our keynote speaker this year is Brian Doyle, editor of Portland Magazine at the University of Portland and author of Mink River, finalist for the 2012 Oregon Book Award for fiction. Doyle’s books have four times been finalists for the Oregon Book Award, and his essays have appeared in The Atlantic Monthly, Harper’s, Orion, The American Scholar, and in newspapers and magazines around the world.

Timely and informative sessions at this year’s conference include:
*Coping with Change – Support Staff Striving for Excellence
*Tek4U – Oregon Libraries and the E-book Explosion
*Internal Customer Service – Support Staff Working Together
*Beyond Books – Oregon Libraries Reaching Out
*Connecting with Youth – Oregon Libraries Care
*A Day in the Life – Support Staff in the Digital Age
*Intermediate Book Repair – An all-day session building on skills learned in our Basic Book Repair class

We are offering several incentives to encourage staff to participate in this year’s conference and include:
*If your library/system registers 3 attendees, the 4th attendee conference registration may be free.
*If you are traveling more than 150 miles (one way), you may be eligible for a $50 travel assistance scholarship (one scholarship per vehicle).
*Early bird special! Save $5 per registration. Early bird rates apply to registration before June 20.

Visit our website to view the full program, register for the conference, or apply for a scholarship. http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=61760

We look forward to seeing you at this year’s conference.

Michael Mackin
OHSU Library | Access Services
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd
Portland, OR 97239-3098