[Libs-Or] Library IT Project Manager - Multnomah County
pparise at emporia.edu
Mon Jun 25 17:39:05 PDT 2012
Posted on behalf of Vi HUYNH [vi.huynh at multco.us] -
Library IT Project Manager 2, Recruitment No.: 9459-06
Multnomah County, Portland, Oregon
Closing Date: Continuous
Hiring Salary Range: $6,088.33 - $9,132.50 Monthly;$73,060.00 - $109,590.00 Annually
This position is open until sufficient numbers of applications are received. First review of applications will occur Monday July 9, 2012. This recruitment is open until filled and may close at any time without notice. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit required application materials without delay.
This is currently authorized as a full time limited duration position estimated to last up to two (2) years. Pending board approval this position will be a regular position. This recruitment may be used to fill full time regular and limited duration positions in the future.
Multnomah County seeks a collaborative, strategic, and experienced IT Project Manager to manage a complex portfolio of Library technology projects, ensuring that the Library’s annual $5million IT investment delivers excellent value to library patron sand staff.
Based on priority, this position will concurrently manage multiple projects within the Library’s comprehensive IT infrastructure. Incumbent will typically manage several large and complex projects while concurrently coordinating all IT work being performed for the Library across the IT management structure, ensuring that staff and other resources are deployed based on Library and County priorities.
Types of projects managed may include:
• Define, design, develop, test and implement custom applications for the library.
• Define, procure, test and implement packaged software.
• Upgrade application environments, software and tools to support library and IT technical requirements and to comply with changes in statutory and security requirements.
• Implement new hardware technology to support business initiatives.
• Integrate data from multiple systems into usable platforms.
Applicants must have a combination of education and experience equivalent to that outlined below, plus any other listed screening qualifications. The following guidelines will be used in evaluating applications. Credit for work that is less than 40hours per week will be pro-rated. Post-high school education will be credited on the basis of 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours equal one year.
Education/Training: Bachelor's’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent, AND
Experience: Six (6) or more years of industry-related experience in highly complex project management.
• Advanced/Expert knowledge of the area of responsibility (e.g. Applications development and Infrastructure)
• Experience in a highly distributed environment with medium to large size projects.
• Experience collaborating with business managers to drive business decision and change.
• Experience with library technology such as Millennium ILS is preferred.
• Experience in a major urban library, is highly desirable.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
AND requires passage of a criminal history check.
Multnomah County is an excellent employer who offers:
• Excellent Employee Benefits including health, dental, disability
and life insurance
• Defined Benefit Pension after 5 years of vesting
• 6% of Salary Contribution to Retirement Employer paid directly by the County (New hires vest within 6 months of service)
• The ability to maintain a great work/life balance
• Flexible work schedules
• Telecommuting - Occasional
• Limited travel, primarily local
• Little to no over-time
• Training opportunities
• Annual public transit pass
Application materials will be screened to determine if applicants meet the minimum qualifications. Based on this evaluation, only applicants who best match the job qualifications will be scheduled for an interview. Please see website for more details.
Contact: Patsy Moushey, Human Resources Analyst 2,
(503) 988-5015 ext. 27373
Please visit our website for more details: http://web.multco.us/jobs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or