[Libs-Or] INFORMATION: Senate passes the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2011

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:33:16 PDT 2012

Just thought you might want to know about this:
http://www.districtdispatch.org/2012/05/senate-passes-the-whistleblower-protection-enhancement-act-of-2011/

------------

Senate passes the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2011
Posted on May 9, 2012 by jmcgilvray
<http://www.districtdispatch.org/2012/05/senate-passes-the-whistleblower-protection-enhancement-act-of-2011/#respond>

Yesterday the Senate voted unanimously to pass S. 743, the Whistleblower
Protection Enhancement Act of 2011. This is a landmark bill that will
expand the scope of whistleblower protections in the federal government,
including providing whistleblower rights to employees of the Transportation
Security Administration.

The Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act was introduced by Sen. Daniel
Akaka (D-HI) on April 6, 2011. Joining Senator Akaka are co-sponsors, Mark
Begich (D-AK), Ben Cardin (D-MD), Tom Carper (D-DE), Susan Collins (R-ME),
Christopher Coons (D-DE), Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Tom Harkin (D-IA), Mary
Landrieu (D-LA), Patrick Leahy (D-VT), Carl Levin (D-MI), Joseph Lieberman
(I-CT), Claire McCaskill (D-MO), Mark Pryor (D-AR), and Jon Tester (D-MT).
The ALA thanks each of these senators and their staff for the efforts in
ensuring the passage of this bill!

With the passage of this bill we can turn our attention to the House where
the companion bill, H.R. 3289, was introduced by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA)
on November 1, 2011 and co-sponsored by Elijah Cummings (D-MD), Paul Gosar
(R-AZ), Todd Platts (R-PA), Steve Pearce (R-NM), and Chris Van Hollen
(D-MD). This bill was passed unanimously by the Oversight and Government
Reform Committee on November 3, 2011 and has since not moved forward.

http://www.districtdispatch.org/2012/05/senate-passes-the-whistleblower-protection-enhancement-act-of-2011/

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou