[Libs-Or] Question about bike locks

Perry Stokes director at bakerlib.org
Wed May 16 09:46:44 PDT 2012

We have 2 bike locks for loan at Baker Co Public Library.  Model type:
http://wheelworld.com/product/giant-surelock-flex-key-cable-lock-12mm-x-120c
m-79851-1.htm .
We liked that it came with spare keys, so we can still get the lock off if
the borrower loses the key.  The locks are barcoded and check out for 24
hours with a library card.
Users without cards (generally cross-country travelers) can also borrow them
at no charge with collateral such as Photo ID or credit card.

We began loaning them for the same reason you list and it has been
successful.  We still need to market availability better.
Most use has been from youth.

Perry Stokes, Director
Baker County Library District
2400 Resort St