[Libs-Or] Free LYRASIS Webinar: Digital Literacy Training for Refugees

Regan Harper regan.harper at lyrasis.org
Tue Nov 13 10:21:28 PST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

One of the greatest strengths of LYRASIS is its community of members. As one way to highlight that strength we're presenting the LYRASIS Member Showcase<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001pxnubU5nZ6cxAI2vMiuFs2sAVZrRBTkoIwVaunD8xBhVqtCPDdrqz71gqgnVqH3teUT62m905Pp3kmxUfIipL7pagfE4OGPVgJVqjoCBR9Bxg5qTEFk1wfiI2VwuykFKsl9hvdYKbAmwE5KiX4NIXXxE8MABMxZVIx_xDhQJw8auc7kc9QYd3laiJmEWFm9CFW2KhLR6UjKa74pZ5oaWhneftSa_IvrETi9BaZ1kozGEytrzbjlUzg==>, a FREE webinar that will showcase members and their notable library advancements. We would like to personally invite you to join us and your fellow LYRASIS colleagues for the next session on November 14, from 1-2 p.m. ET.

LYRASIS Member Showcase<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001pxnubU5nZ6cxAI2vMiuFs2sAVZrRBTkoIwVaunD8xBhVqtCPDdrqz71gqgnVqH3teUT62m905Pp3kmxUfIipL7pagfE4OGPVgJVqjoCBR9Bxg5qTEFk1wfiI2VwuykFKsl9hvdYKbAmwE5KiX4NIXXxE8MABMxZVIx_xDhQJw8auc7kc9QYd3laiJmEWFm9CFW2KhLR6UjKa74pZ5oaWhneftSa_IvrETi9BaZ1kozGEytrzbjlUzg==>:  Digital Literacy Training for Refugees
November 14 from 1 - 2 p.m. ET - FREE for members

In this session, you will hear from Gina Persichini, the Networking Consultant at the Idaho Commission for Libraries and representatives from the Boise Public Library at Hillcrest, who will discuss their experiences utilizing library resources to work with refugees in their community. During 2012, the Idaho Commission for Libraries partnered with the Idaho Office for Refugees to help improve literacy skills among the refugee populations in Idaho. Using a train-the-trainer model, refugees learned to use technology tools to find employment, use common technology communication tools, interact with family located in other countries and more. Presenters will identify success factors and lessons learned along the way.

I hope you'll register today<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001pxnubU5nZ6cxAI2vMiuFs2sAVZrRBTkoIwVaunD8xBhVqtCPDdrqz71gqgnVqH3teUT62m905Pp3kmxUfIipL7pagfE4OGPVgJVqjoCBR9Bxg5qTEFk1wfiI2VwuykFKsl9hvdYKbAmwE5KiX4NIXXxE8MABMxZVIx_xDhQJw8auc7kc9QYd3laiJmEWFm9CFW2KhLR6UjKa74pZ5oaWhneftSa_IvrETi9BaZ1kozGEytrzbjlUzg==>!
Sincerely,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDC191.062EC700]
Regan Harper
Director of Member Programs
LYRASIS

Regan Harper
Director of Member Programs
LYRASIS
regan.harper at lyrasis.org<mailto:regan.harper at lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x 2953 Main
regan.harper  Skype

www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/>

LYRASIS: Advancing Libraries Together.

Register now for our FREE online annual member meeting on November 1st, and don't forget to enter our Survive or Thrive video contest to win a Sony Bloggie video camera! For more information and to register, please Click here<http://www.lyrasis.org/Classes-and-Events/LYRASIS-Annual-Member-Meeting.aspx>!