[Libs-Or] Web Filters for Kids Computers

Sean spark at cclsd.org
Fri Oct 12 16:31:06 PDT 2012

Hi Chris,
1) Dansguardian and 2) Squid + squidguard have worked well for us, and
offer whatever level of control you might wish to implement along with
access to the blacklists you might want to use (or not). The libraries
in our consortium utilize filtering that ranges from the
near-nonexistent to the quite strict, depending on library policy.

Dansguardian is free for non-commercial use, and Squid is free/GPL.

Good luck in your hunt!

Sean
Coos County Libraries