[Libs-Or] Support for EveryLibrary

Turner Masland turner.masland at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 13:49:52 PDT 2012

Hopefully by now you have all heard of
EveryLibrary<http://www.everylibrary.org>- a start up National PAC
whose mission is to build financial and tactical
support to ensure that local library initiatives pass at the ballot box.

EveryLibrary is attempting to raise $50,000 by November 7th. This money
will be used to (A) Fundraise nationally to transfer "seed money" to local
ballot committees and PACs; (B) Hire great campaign consultants to make
sure we do voter outreach and education right; and (C) Fund full time staff
to keep the PAC engine growing for future success.

In an attempt to hit this goal by election day, (founder) John
Chrastka<https://twitter.com/MrChrastka>has put forth a challenge to
every state to raise $1,000. Here are how the
top six states are doing so far:

NY - $1185
NJ - $700
CA - $255
CO - $145
TX - $125
OR - $110

Oregon is still in it to win it! We are only $890 short. Which means, if 89
people each threw in $10, we could hit $1000 in no time.

Donating can be done online here: http://tinyurl.com/OR4ELPAC

You can also follow our progress on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OregonForEveryLibrary>and
Twitter <https://twitter.com/OR4EveryLibrary>.

If you haven't already, be sure to read John's great article over at American
Libraries<http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/columns/newsmaker/interview-john-chrastka>.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at
turner.masland at gmail.com