[Libs-Or] Adults summer reading manual: 2014 call for ideas
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Sep 10 08:44:25 PDT 2012
Call for Ideas!
2014 CSLP Adult Summer Library Program Manual
'Literary Elements' (Science)
Deadline: November 15, 2012
Send to Patti Sinclair
trishsinclair at sbcglobal.net
Below you'll find some of the ideas percolating so far for our "science" theme Literary Elements. I'm sure you can come up with other ideas! This theme is very broad!
If you have presented a program on one of these topics, or have ideas for other programs, send them in. Portable program ideas, ideas for reaching underserved populations are needed.
Also Decorating ideas!! Please help!
* Science Fiction programs: book club; discussion; sci fi author visit; booklist; Dr. Who, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,
* Mad Scientist Trope in TV, Movies, literature. Discussion, film series, etc.
* Investigative science: Sherlock Holmes, House (TV program) and other spinoffs; forensics
* Science Issues of the day: Displays, Discussion, Speakers, films. What would be good topics? Disease? Climate? Pollution?
* Great Scientist series: Biographies, booklists, documentaries?, women in science
* Literary nonfiction: authors who write eloquently about science: Steven Jay Gould, Edward O. Wilson, Carl Sagan, Rachel Carson, Steven Hawking, Lewis Thomas, James D. Watson, etc.
* Inventions: Invent-o-rama. Invite "makers" to your library to create something awesome
* Science and Art/Science of Art. Photography contest, color,
* Cookin' Up Some Science. Reading is easy as Pi. Cooking program? Home remedies: why/how they work.
* Science Gone Wrong
* History of Science
* Discover __________. Topics of your choice,
* Family Program ideas?
* STEM Grant program for libraries?
* Programs on new technologies, software, or devices for seniors or persons with disabilities
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or