[Libs-Or] Seeking program panel

VIK Lorie A Lorie.A.Vik at ci.eugene.or.us
Mon Sep 10 16:11:34 PDT 2012

Hello Colleagues,

I'm working on a program proposal for Online Northwest and/or OLA and am looking for panelists willing to collaborate on a topic. I'm proposing a session about demonstrating the value of the library.

What have you done to demonstrate the value of your library to others? Examples might be:

*         Working with faculty and/or students

*         Working with other city, county or municipal entities

*         Partnering with outside agencies

*         Other wild and crazy ideas???

For example, at Eugene Public Library, we developed Intranet resources and met with city staff to meet three goals: 1) empower city staff to use Library resources, 2) teach staff how to use resources, and 3) promote reaching out to Library staff for research needs. Our efforts have saved the city money which has helped elevate the library's value to the city. (Look for the program at a conference near you if you'd like to hear more!) :)

If this is resonating with you and you'd like to present on the topic, please contact me as soon as possible. If the topic involves the use of technology, it would be especially appropriate for Online Northwest.

OLA proposal deadline: Sept 28
Online NW proposal deadline: Oct 15

Thanks!
Lorie

Lorie Vik
Virtual Services Librarian
Eugene Public Library | 100 West 10th Ave | Eugene, OR 97401
541.682.6616 | lorie.a.vik at ci.eugene.or.us | www.eugene-or.gov/library<http://www.eugene-or.gov/library>