[Libs-Or] Join Us in Celebrating Our TenCennial!

Bob Jones Bob.Jones at milton-freewater-or.gov
Wed Apr 3 11:51:15 PDT 2013

The Milton-Freewater Public Library, also known as The OTHER Valley Library, is celebrating several things on April 15th, and you're invited!

100 years ago, in 1913, the Milton Public Library was established.

10 years ago on April 1 we opened the Gladys Leibbrand Valley Library Building, with significant funding from the same Wayne and Gladys Valley Foundation which helped build the Valley Library at OSU.  (Gladys grew up in Milton-Freewater)

Our new building was dedicated April 15, 2003.

April 15 is also (by city council decree) Marie Vancil Day every year in our library, recognizing our #1 volunteer.  She's 91 years old, has been volunteering for us since at least 1989, and currently works four days a week at our library!

So on April 15, which is also during National Library Week, we're throwing a party at our library at 1:00 p.m.  Among our guests will be State Librarian MaryKay Dahlgreen.

We hope you'll join us too!

-Library Bob