[Libs-Or] More Free & Online CE Opportunities for April!

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Fri Apr 12 10:59:56 PDT 2013

My apologies, I missed including these two items in the list of free and online webinars I sent out a little bit ago:

(Archives for previous sessions here: http://www.aserl.org/intro-dp-2013/)

APRIL 16, 2013:  Intro to Digital Preservation #3
"Management of Incoming Born-Digital Special Collections"
Speaker = Gretchen Gueguen, University of Virginia.
This webinar will cover the basics of getting started with managing born-digital archives. Through basic techniques and practical suggestions, you will learn how to assess your collection, develop a management plan, put basic policies in place, and set up an accessioning workflow. Simple tools to help you do the job will be reviewed along with guides and other resources to help answer your questions.
DATE:  Tuesday, April 16, 2013  |  11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
REGISTER:  https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/366765338

APRIL 30, 2013:  Intro to Digital Preservation #4
"Using FITS to Identify File Formats and Extract Metadata"
Speaker = Andrea Goethals, Harvard University.
After an introduction to file formats and technical metadata, a demo of the File Information Tool Set (FITS) will be given. You will learn what it does, how it differs from other format tools, how to use it, how to customize it and how Harvard is using FITS in different ways. No experience with FITS is necessary but if you would like to try it out in advance you can download it from http://code.google.com/p/fits/
DATE:  Tuesday, April 30, 2013  |  11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
REGISTER:  https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/305875426

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Darci
Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant * Library Development Services
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>

 Ask me about Plinkit! http://www.plinkit.org/ http://oregon.plinkit.org<http://oregon.plinkit.org/>

[SLM2013]