[Libs-Or] Fwd: Write Your Rep to Vote No on CISPA

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 14:16:13 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ted Wegner, ALA WO <twegner at alawash.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Subject: Write Your Rep to Vote No on CISPA
To: Diedre Conkling <diedre08 at gmail.com>

   There is a dangerous cybersecurity bill, CISPA, coming up for a vote *this
week* in the House of Representatives. The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and
Protection Act or
CISPA<http://capwiz.com/ala/utr/1/JPYYSYYJOG/JDJDSYYJXB/9476086126>overrides
previous bills to obliterate your online privacy. This bill
allows companies to share your personal information with the federal
government and allows the National Security Agency (NSA) to collect your
internet records. This is an ability that they do not need and that will
not protect our nation's critical infrastructure from a cyber-attack.

Please take the time to urge your representative to protect our online
rights and vote "NO" on CISPA.

Head to the Legislative Action Center
<http://capwiz.com/ala/utr/1/JPYYSYYJOG/EDLVSYYJXC/9476086126>to send your
representative a letter opposing CISPA.
     <http://www.facebook.com/libraryadvocates>  <http://twitter.com/ala_wo>
<http://www.districtdispatch.org/>

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click
here<http://capwiz.com/ala/lmx/u/?jobid=225260470&queueid=9476086126>.

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou