[Libs-Or] Lead the Change & Library Assessment Round Table

Stoddart, Richard Richard.Stoddart at oregonstate.edu
Wed Apr 17 08:38:36 PDT 2013

Good Morning,

Just a friendly reminder to those who attended the Lead The Change professional development event in Portland yesterday, as well as to OLA members in general…

The OLA Library Assessment Round Table offers a forum to discuss library assessment related activities such as the the OIR (Outcomes, Impact, and Results) and Positioning the Library in the Mind of the Community which were mentioned in the Lead The Change talk. This round table is a place to discuss the challenges, successes, and techniques of library assessment.

The first (ever) meeting of the OLA Library Assessment Round Table (LART) will be held at the Joint OLA/WLA in conference in Vancouver, Washington. We are scheduled to meet in the "Birch" room on Friday, April 26th from 1:15-2:15 PM.

If you are inspired from the Lead the Change event and feel the need to lead, LART is seeking nominations for a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson (Chair Elect), and Secretary – these positions will be discusses at the in-person meeting at the OLA conference.

You also can add the Library Assessment Round Table as an affiliation to your OLA membership. You can do that via this form<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_45507>. Right now there is no cost to OLA members.

If you have questions about LART or Library Assessment in general, please feel free to contact me.

Rick

PS: A big thanks to OLA, the Oregon State Library, The Multnomah County Library, and WCCLS for helping bring this program to Oregon. It was great to meet, interact, and discuss how libraries can position themselves for change with my fellow Oregon librarians.

Rick Stoddart
Assessment Librarian
Oregon State University
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis, OR   97331-4501
Phone: 541-737-4393
OSU Libraries: Innovation, Heart & Ideas