[Libs-Or] Large Collection looking for a new home

Janice M. Healy jmhealy1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 14 09:36:49 PDT 2013

Sorry to post this again but something seems to have gone wrong with
my attachment on the last posting so I have cut and pasted the file
in this one. Also I took it for granted that all would know that
NEHGS is New England Historical Genealogical Society and that NGS was
National Genealogical Society. So lets se if I got it right this time.

The owner and board of this large collection would very much like to
see this kept in Oregon if at all possible. We have a limited amount
of time to locate a new home for this collection. We have not been
able to find a suitable building nor outside funds to get this into a
building for folks to use.

We have book lists if you are interested.

Please contact me off list. mailto:jmhealy1 at comcast.net

Thank you,
Janice

All or part need to go to a good home for cost of shipping.

The collection consists of several major collections. NEHGS (this was
their circulating collection), NGS (this collection was what was at
Glebe house) & Conner-Bishop with Microfilm, Microfiche, & data CD's.
These are all Genealogies and Historical resource materials.

The NEGHS collection consists of Genealogy and historical books.
Consisting of 49 pallets of books and 20 pallets of library shelving
enough for this whole collection.

The NGS collection consists of genealogy and historical books with a
lot of material on royalty covering Great Britain & Europe.
Consisting of five pallets of books and three pallets of library
shelving.

The owner's part of the collection is more varied but is geared to
genealogy and history also. There are genealogies, genealogy how to
books, native American, biographies, bibliographies, books on
companies, city directories and phone books from all over, computer
history, show business, automotive history, business histories,
exploration, Indian Wars, Civil War, Spanish American War, WWI, WWII,
and railroad histories to name a few. There are histories and
genealogy books covering every state, Canada, and many other
countries. The film contains more of the same, along with census
records, and city directories. The data CD's are mostly genealogies,
census, and histories, including a section of British materials.
These are on 65 pallets of books and other materials, five pallets of
microfilm, with one more pallet with two cabinets one of microfiche
and the other of microfilm. There are two pallets of gorilla racks
that we were using for sorting the materials on as it came in also
many genealogy society journals.

There are 17 pallets of bound Oregonian and Oregon Journal newspapers.

In addition there are several microfilm/fiche readers, one printer
for microfilm/microfiche. Also there is mixed furniture donated to
help us get started. Also there are two Laser printers to use as
parts for the big microfilm reader printer. There is also a film
scanner.

We can divide the collection to a small degree but there is not a way
to pick and choose individual books, film or CD's. Everything is
boxed and on pallets in a closed warehouse. The shelving is to go
with the major collection that it came with. The board felt this was
the only fair way to divide it up.
--
Janice M. Healy
(Mrs. Edmund A. Healy)
mailto:jmhealy1 at comcast.net
1-503-649-1532

Federal Nonprofit #61-1506583

State Nonprofit Corporation
Registry Number: #306888-99

http://www.conner-bishop.org

Shipping address:

Conner-Bishop Historical Resource Center
% Janice M. Healy
4210 SW 198th Ave.
Aloha, Oregon  USA 97007-2343