[Libs-Or] OLA Library Assessment Newsletter for November (and part of December)

Stoddart, Richard Richard.Stoddart at oregonstate.edu
Tue Dec 10 12:42:49 PST 2013

Hi everyone, here’s what the
 Oregon Library Association Library Assessment Round Table (LART) blog<http://olalart.wordpress.com/>
  shared in November/December 2013.

Blog Posts

The Data-Driven Library part 1<http://olalart.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/the-data-driven-library-part-1/>- Another great summary of the webinar series from Library Journal.

ACRL’s “Revising the Information Literacy Competency Standards” Online Open Forums<http://olalart.wordpress.com/2013/11/30/acrls-revising-the-information-literacy-competency-standards-online-open-forums/> – Check out the discussion on the new Information Literacy Standards.

Using Google Analytics to Understand Customer/Patron Intent<http://olalart.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/using-google-analytics-to-understand-customerpatron-intent/> – Tips for how to leverage google analytics.

Assessing value of journal collections: Report from “Evolution of Usage Statistics” webinar<http://olalart.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/assessing-value-of-journal-collections/>– OLA LART member Heidi Senior gives her takeaways and summarizes the webinar. A link the archived webinar is provided.

If you would like to contribute to the OLA LART blog with your assessment related item, please let us know.

Assessment Events & Resources

AAC&U: General Education and Assessment conference<http://www.aacu.org/meetings/generaleducation/gened2014/index.cfm>
February 27 — March 1st,  2014   Portland, Oregon

Library Assessment Conference<http://libraryassessment.org/index.shtml>
August 4 – 6, 2014  Seattle, Washington

Resource Alert:
CDC Framework for Program Evaluation<http://www.cdc.gov/eval/framework/index.htm> — The CDC offers up this framework and advice about how to evaluate programs. Steps include: Engage, Describe, Focus, Gather, Justify, Share. Very similar to evidence-based practices in libraries.

Article Alert:

Assessing Critical Thinking Skills Using Articles From the Popular Press<http://learningcenter.nsta.org/files/jcst1201_66.pdf> — This article was mentioned on an educational assessment listserv — I think we might be doing this type of activity already in our instruction efforts. Consider measuring Critical Thinking as part of your teaching.

Watch our blog: <http://www.oregoneval.org> http://olalart.wordpress.com for all things assessment in libraries.

Send us ideas for posts:

OregonLART at gmail.com<mailto:OregonLART at gmail.com>

Follow us on Twitter: @OLALart<https://twitter.com/OLALart>