[Libs-Or] 2014 Summer Reading Teen Video Challenge

Abbie Anderson aanderson at cclsd.org
Wed Dec 11 18:54:10 PST 2013

Dear Oregon Libraries,

Please pardon cross-posting.

The time has come! It has arrived!

Just in time for the holidays, I give to you the Teen Video Challenge
for 2014!

Using the forms attached, you can encourage the teens in your library to
create a video at least 30 seconds long and no more than 90 seconds in
length that promotes reading and the library for Summer Reading next year.

The theme: Science!
The slogan: Spark a Reaction!
The entry deadline: February 14!

As your OYAN CSLP Liaison, I have the honor of coordinating CSLP's Teen
Video Challenge for our glorious state of Oregon. I will post entries to
the Oregon TVC YouTube channel, where anyone can vote on them by
"Like"-ing their favorites. Voting will be open through March 7.

I have submitted the Oregon entry form to CSLP for posting on their
website. It doesn't appear there yet, but it should do so before long.
In the meantime, feel free to reproduce these forms and distribute them
to your young auteurs.

One of the best parts of the CSLP Annual Meeting last year was the
screening of all the states' TVC videos. I can't wait to see what
Oregon's teen film-makers produce this year!

Yours,
Abbie
OYAN CSLP Liaison

--