[Libs-Or] Mandatory Reporting Workshop and Policy

Rawles-Heiser, Carolyn Carolyn.Rawles-Heiser at corvallisoregon.gov
Tue Feb 12 16:48:04 PST 2013

I did check with our City Attorney and he confirmed that library staff are included under the circumstances Buzzy outlined below for mandatory reporting of elder abuse.  He said that since the mandatory reporting  requirement was just in the performance of one's official duties, it did not apply 24/7 like the child abuse reporting requirement and also does not necessarily apply to all library staff.
Carolyn, also not a lawyer
Carolyn Rawles-Heiser
Library Director
Corvallis--Benton County Public Library