[Libs-Or] Hive Mind Help re: Sci-Fi title

Brown, Lindy Lindy.Brown at corvallisoregon.gov
Wed Feb 13 10:12:49 PST 2013

Good morning Libs-Or,

I'm hoping the hive mind can help me with a reader's advisory question.

I have a patron who is looking for a title of an old book that was possibly written in the 50s or 60s (maybe even 70s, he says). It's an old science fiction (possibly Steampunk?)/fantasy book. He remembers there were airships that needed helium, and the helium came from flowers... He recalls a war going on another planet, which seemed to be a tropical planet. It had the good guys vs. the bad guys theme going on. There may have been a lost colony on an alien planet.

I've tried many searches and have asked a few folks around here, but none of us have had luck. I'm hoping this might sound familiar to someone.

Feel free to email me separately off-list: lindy.brown at corvallisoregon.gov<mailto:lindy.brown at corvallisoregon.gov>
Thanks in advance!
Lindy

Reference Librarian
541 766-6487
Corvallis-Benton County Public Library<http://cbcpl.net/>
[FaceBook-icon]<http://www.facebook.com/cbcpl>[Feed-icon]<http://thebestlibrary.net/wordpress/blog/>[Twitter-icon]<http://twitter.com/corvallislib>
Download our app in iTunes<http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cbc-public-library/id524529472?mt=8>, Google Play<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bredir.boopsie.cbcpl&hl=en> or at cbcpl.boopsie.com