[Libs-Or] Now accepting nominations for the OYAN Your're Excellent Award!

Kris Lutsock kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us
Tue Feb 19 13:53:19 PST 2013

Is there someone or someones at your library providing exceptional service to the teens in your community?

It's time to start thinking about the  <goog_1853779470> 2013 OYAN You're Excellent Award!<http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=124465>.  If you know someone that has made a difference for teens, we want to hear about it.  The OYEA! may be awarded to an individual, library, organization, program, or initiative that has made a positive and significant contribution to teens in libraries in the state of Oregon.  The honoree will receive an engraved plaque and a $100 donation to the teen service program of their choice.  If needed, funds are available to ensure that the honoree attends the 2013 OLA Annual Conference to receive the acknowledgement of their peers.

Nominations for this coveted award are open until March 31st.  Please include the following:

  1.  Nominee's name
  2.  Nominee's contact information
  3.  Description of the nominee's positive and significant contributions to teens in libraries in the State Of Oregon
  4.  And any accompanying letters of support (okay to send them separate from the nomination).
Mail or email<mailto:kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us> your letter of nomination and letters of support to:

kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us<mailto:kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us>

or

Kris Lutsock
McMinnville Public Library
225 NW Adams St.
McMinnville, OR 97128

Please note that the last three winners have all had at least one letter of support written by a teen from their institution.  Also, we have received multiple, high-quality nominations the last several years and the decision has been difficult.  If you have nominated someone in the past who has not been the recipient of the OYEA! ,  we highly encourage you to make that nomination again this year.

Kris Lutsock
Oregon Young Adult Network Past Chair
McMinnville Public Library
kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us<mailto:kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us>
503-435-5572

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.  ~Jorge Luis Borges

Libraries:  The medicine chest of the soul.  ~Library at Thebes, inscription over the door