[Libs-Or] Women of Library History

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:24:09 PST 2013

I hope some of you will contribute pieces about women in Oregon libraries
to this project.

http://womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com/post/44162057236/call-for-submissions

Women of Library History <http://womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com/>
*Text*<http://womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com/post/44162057236/call-for-submissions>
 February 27, 2013
 Call for Submissions<http://womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com/post/44162057236/call-for-submissions>

Is there a woman in librarianship who was near and dear to you and your
library's heart? Who has made history at your library? Perhaps a group of
women who helped shape you or your community's interaction with libraries?
Maybe even someone whose portrait you pass every day?

In celebration of Women's History Month this March 2013, the Feminist Task
Force <http://libr.org/ftf/> would like to invite submissions to highlight
valued women in libraries. This is the perfect time of year to remember the
contributions of these important women in librarianship--perhaps the founder
or other woman (or group of women) who was significantly involved with your
local library.

The FTF will host a blog at womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com with daily
postings of historic women of librarianship throughout the month of March.

Why? Highlight the legacy that you still see alive today and share a piece
of your library's history with your patrons and library lovers everywhere
in celebration of Women's History Month. The write-up will be perfect for
your library's own blog. Its inclusion with the submissions of other
libraries to this project will illustrate the breadth of contributions
women have made to their communities through libraries.

To submit:

Email an image and brief write-up about a historic* woman or group of women
of librarianship to womenoflibraryhistory at gmail.com. If you are including
this as a post on your own library's blog, be sure to include the link to
your blog so we may include that in our posting to connect viewers to your
library. If there is a book or other websites related to your submission,
please pass that information along as well. Submissions will be accepted
immediately and throughout the end of March.

**While we fully appreciate that there are women who have recently done
and/or are currently doing amazing things for libraries, only submissions
regarding historic women of libraries will be included at
womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com. However, if there is interest we would be
more than happy to also collect submissions for a companion (sister!) site
to highlight and celebrate women MAKING history in libraries! Please let us
know if you have any questions or input regarding this.*

------

The Feminist Task Force is proud to bring voice and efforts to the
intersection of feminist perspectives with issues related to libraries,
librarianship, information services, and ALA. To find out more and get
involved, please visit us on any of our websites and virtual spaces:

Discussion list: http://libr.org/ftf/ftflist.html
Wiki: http://ftfinfo.wikispaces.com/
ALA Connect: http://connect.ala.org/node/65369
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/121097054767/

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou