[Libs-Or] Support Oregon's Libraries

Webster, Janet janet.webster at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jan 3 11:05:03 PST 2013

Support Oregon's Libraries
Start the New Year out by getting tax credit and supporting the People for Oregon Libraries PAC! We added a simple way to make your contribution online and get a receipt.  Just link to the People for Oregon Libraries' Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PeopleforOregonLibrariesPAC) and click on the link in our 'about' section, or go directly to the contribution page https://rally.org/peoplefororegonlibrariespac/donate.  The funds go to support legislative candidates who are library friendly and local library ballot initiatives.  You get a $50 tax credit for a $50 donation ($100 for married couples).  The People for Oregon Libraries PAC is about supporting Oregon's libraries through political action.  The Oregon Library Association is prohibited from some political activities because of its 503C status.  OLA's focus is on supporting Oregon's library through professional development, networking and sharing our expertise.  Both organizations need our support – just in different ways.  So, consider making a New Year's resolution to contribute to People for Oregon Libraries!

Thanks from Janet Webster and Nan Heim ( (People for Oregon Libraries Board Members).