[Libs-Or] L-net trainings in Portland

Emily PAPAGNI emilyp at multco.us
Wed Jan 9 12:31:27 PST 2013

Hello,

Introductory training on L-net, Oregon's Statewide Virtual Reference
Service (http://www.oregonlibraries.net), is scheduled for:

Friday, January 25, 9:00 - 4:00
PCC Sylvania Campus Library, Room 212
12000 Southwest 49th Avenue
Portland, OR 97219-7132
Registration for this training will close on Friday, Jan. 18.

Friday, February 15, 9:00 - 4:00
PCC Sylvania Campus Library, Room 212
12000 Southwest 49th Avenue
Portland, OR 97219-7132
Registration for this training will close on Thursday, Feb. 7.

This training is for librarians who plan to take shifts staffing
L-net's chat, e-mail, and texting service. Librarians will receive
hands-on training with L-net’s software and instruction on techniques
for communicating effectively online with patrons and providing
reference service online.

There are two ways to staff L-net:

1 - Partner libraries: Reference staff at Oregon libraries may staff
the service as partner libraries. Librarians who do so staff the
service at their libraries.

2 - Volunteers: If you’ve completed a Reference class in the past 10
years from an ALA-accredited college or university or if you have
experience providing reference services in a library, you may apply to
be a volunteer. Volunteers typically staff the service from home
computers. If you would like to participate in the volunteer program,
contact me for information about how to apply to be a volunteer.

The training is free, but space is limited and advance registration is
required. If you would like to attend, contact me and let me know if
you would like to staff L-net at a partner library or as a volunteer.

Emily Papagni, emilyp at multco.us

If you’re interested in the training, but unable to attend on these
dates, please contact me. I'm continuing to schedule additional
trainings around the state.

Also, all Oregon libraries are welcome to use L-net software to serve
their local communities.  Staffing our statewide service is not
required.  To provide chat, texting, or email service to your
community, please contact me for information and to schedule your
training.

Emily

Emily Papagni
L-net Partner Support Librarian