[Libs-Or] Reminder: Free Webinar Tuesday (1/15): Broadband Basics for Public Libraries

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Mon Jan 14 14:43:24 PST 2013

Greetings! Just a quick reminder about an upcoming webinar that will be of interest to many:

Broadband Basics for Public Libraries

Date: January 15, 2013
Time: 11a - 12p
Cost: Free
Registrastion: in advance here: https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=k6nrob18pkxa

Wish you knew more about the basics of broadband, but you don't know who to ask? This beginner level webinar will introduce you to terms, tools, and concepts that will help increase your understanding. We will be joined by special guest, library consultant Kieran Hixon. Topics will include:

  *   What is the difference between the various types of broadband connections?
  *   What do Mbps and Kbps really mean?
  *   How much speed does your library need?
  *   What's the difference between download and upload speeds? Why does it matter?
  *   How can I learn more about broadband?
  *   How can I talk to others about the need for broadband at the library?
  *   Plus, lots of time for questions from participants

This webinar is part of a series of webinars exploring the Edge Initiative<http://www.libraryedge.org> Benchmarks. Benchmark 12<http://www.libraryedge.org/benchmarks-10-14--organizational-management-pages-50.php#Benchmark_12> states: Libraries have sufficient devices and bandwidth to accommodate user demand.

Cheers!
Darci
Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant * Library Development Services
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>

 Ask me about Plinkit! http://www.plinkit.org/ http://oregon.plinkit.org<http://oregon.plinkit.org/>