[Libs-Or] Oregon Mock Printz Award Results

Susan Smallsreed susansm at multcolib.org
Mon Jan 28 11:48:41 PST 2013

Now that the actual Printz award has been announced, it's a bit
anti-climactic to announce the winners of the Oregon Mock Printz Award.
However, the 30 people in attendance on Saturday had a great time debating
the merits of 10 finalists and awarding the Mock Medal to (drumroll,
please)...
*Code Name Verity *by Elizabeth Wein, (which was given a Printz Honor this
morning).
Mock Printz Honors were awarded to *The Fault in Our Stars* (which just
received the Odyssey Award for audiobooks); *Seraphina* (the Morris Award
winner for debut novel) and *Tiger Lily, *which didn't get any recognition
by other committees.
The suspense is over and it's time to start reading what we all missed, the
actual Printz winner, *In Darkness. *I've already placed a hold, how 'bout
you?
Happy reading!
Susan

--