[Libs-Or] L-net to official change to Answerland August 19th 2013

Caleb TUCKER-RAYMOND calebt at multco.us
Thu Jul 25 15:51:34 PDT 2013

Hello,

L-net will make the official switch to Answerland, www.answerland.org,
on August 19th, 2013.

Answerland will continue to extend Oregon library hours by delivering
24/7 reference service to everyone who lives, works or goes to school
in Oregon, though we expect some downtime on August 19th.

The redesigned Answerland explicitly acknowledges that though we serve
everyone, children seeking homework help are our primary users. We are
encouraging patrons to trust that librarians from all over Oregon can
help them.

After August 19th, no new questions will be accepted at
www.oregonlibraries.net. Links to question forms and chat widgets on
www.oregonlibraries.net will automatically be redirected. If you
maintain your library web page, you should plan to update your links
after August 19th.

You can download Answerland graphics from
www.answerland.org/connect-your-library.

Thanks to everyone who has helped make this transition possible, but
especially Emily Papagni, Answerland partner support librarian, the
Answerland Advisory Board, all 400+ people who help deliver service
through Answerland or Answerland local queues, and to our 35,000
patrons asking questions every year.

Caleb Tucker-Raymond

Statewide Reference Service Coordinator
Multnomah County Library