[Libs-Or] Alliance Research Interest Group (A-RIG) meeting - Friday, August 9, 2013 10 a.m.-12 noon at Pacific University Library

Laura Zeigen zeigenl at ohsu.edu
Mon Jul 29 12:20:26 PDT 2013

The next Orbis Cascade Alliance Research Interest Group (A-RIG)<http://www.orbiscascade.org/index/research-interest-group> meeting will be on Friday, August 9, 2013 in the library (Schauermann Conference Room)  at Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon. Many thanks to Isaac Gilman for helping arrange this space for the A-RIG meeting! Directions to campus and a map of campus are below.

We will be discussing a number of administrative-oriented topics, including brainstorming ways to set up structures to help maintain the group in the long-term. If you have additional agenda items you would like to discuss at this meeting, email me (zeigenl at ohsu.edu<mailto:zeigenl at ohsu.edu>).

If you cannot make it, we will put copious notes from the meeting on the group's wiki at http://nwlibresearch.pbworks.com .

Alliance Research Interest Group (A-RIG) Meeting

Friday, August 9, 2013 - 10 a.m.-12 noon

Schauermann Conference Room, Library, Pacific University, Forest Grove, OR
Agenda<http://nwlibresearch.pbworks.com/Agenda%20-%20A-RIG%20-%20August%209%2C%202013>
Directions to Pacific University, Forest Grove campus<http://www.pacificu.edu/about/location/directions-forest-grove.cfm>

Pacific University Campus Map <http://goo.gl/maps/7Liqz>

Proposed Agenda
1. Introductions (All)

2. Proposals for ongoing maintenance of group
*                     Facilitator-elect, Facilitator, Past-Facilitator?
*                     Office note take for meetings? It is difficult to facilitate and take notes at the same time.
*                     How long should terms be if we have these positions? 1 year? Other?
*                     How will/should the facilitator positions interact with the liaison between A-RIG and ACRL?
*                     How can we best facilitate communication between both groups in a way that allows for flexibility?
*                     Discussion at OLA: How do or do A-RIG and OLA Assessment Roundtable interact?
*                     Use of Orbis Cascade Alliance Google Group?
*                     Use of OLA technology: GOTO Meeting, other (in-person, online, both?)

3. Current projects

4. Ideas/future possible projects

5. Other business

Laura

Laura Zeigen, MA, MLIS, AHIP
User Experience Librarian | Assistant Professor
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road - LIB
Portland, Oregon 97239
zeigenl at ohsu.edu<mailto:zeigenl at ohsu.edu>  | 503-494-0505

If it takes more than 15 minutes to find an answer, contact your librarian.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE8C55.D8DE01E0]<http://www.ohsu.edu/>         [cid:image002.gif at 01CE8C55.D8DE01E0] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portland-OR/Oregon-Health-Science-University-Library/159569287815?ref=ts>