[Libs-Or] Fwd: Library blog -- 7-30-13 -- guest blogger

Rich Wandschneider rich.wandschneider at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:56:35 PDT 2013

Hello all in library land.

Here is an advertisement for summer interns--as well as a thoughtful piece
on library cataloging and Indian-white history by our summer intern, Erik
Anderson. Erik is our guest blogger--and a student at nearby Whitman
College in Walla Walla, Washington. He studies under Don Snow in
Environmental Studies and Humanities.

His blog post:

“Interpretations of the phrase ‘usual and accustomed places,’” I told Rich
during my initial interview, “was normal dinner conversation growing up.”  My
father used the language of treaties every day during his work, advocating
and managing the treaty fisheries of Western Washington. I grew up in the
shadow of the Northwest Fishing War....

for the rest of Erik's blog post, go to http://josephylibrary.blogspot.com/

(And by the way, Erik has done fantastic work here at the Library this
summer. We wish him a good overseas year in Denmark, and hope to get him
back next summer!)
rich

rich.wandschneider at gmail.com

rich.wandschneider at gmail.com