[Libs-Or] The OLA-SSD conference early-bird deadline looms!

Rebecca ROTH rebeccar at multco.us
Mon Jun 3 16:53:23 PDT 2013

This update has a little more in it than usual, as our conference is coming
up! Yes, it's summer and that means we are having our annual conference in
July. This year it will be happening in lovely Hood River on Friday the
19th.  Our early-bird registration ($10 off!) ends on June 20th, which is a
little over two weeks away.  We have some great sessions and incentives
this year, so please join us!
This year's theme is "Are We There Yet?":
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/05/are-we-there-yet.html
Our base blog page where you can go to find the latest updates, as well:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/p/2013-conference.html

In other blog news, we have more ergonomics links, library funding ideas,
and yeah, the library slide:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/04/library-news-and-ergonomics-and-slides.html

Our founder, Donetta Sheffold, retired in April.  Jey Wenn wrote a lovely
post about what it meant to have Donetta start our organization and I
encourage you to read it:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/04/what-we-owe-donetta-sheffold.html

Jennifer Steward is back with more great customer service advice, or in
this case, awkward-library-patron service:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/06/five-tips-for-creating-boundaries-with.html

And finally, the most adorable books in the world. And who knew we had one
in our State Library?:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/04/worlds-tiniest-books.html

Questions, comments, concerns? Let us know. Contact me through the blog (
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/p/contact-us.html), or reply to this email.

We really hope to see you all at the conference this year!

- Rebecca