[Libs-Or] Introduction to Women's Issues in ALA

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 21:39:12 PDT 2013

I just thought it would be good to remind everyone about the Introduction
to Women's Issues in ALA discussion.  (Note we have changed this to a
discussion group from a program for easier scheduling.)  Below are the
plans for this year.  The FTF is responsible for the discussion this year.
This discussion will probably lead into the FTF program for ALA 2014
Annual.  I hope some of you have some good things that you can bring to the
discussion.  We will have a few minutes for some information about FTF,
WGSS, COSWL, and maybe GLBTRT and LLAMA Women Administrators Discussion
Group. We welcome having one person from any of these groups tell us a bit
about the group and about joining the group.

*Introduction to Women's Issues in ALA (SRRT-FTF)*

*1:00pm - 02:30pm*

*McCormick Place Convention Center - N139*

A long-standing program at Annual Conference, SRRT Feminist Task Force,
ACRL/WGSS and COSWL will discuss women's issues in ALA.

The topic for this year's discussion is the portrayal of women in
games/gaming.  Some parts of this topic are 1. Who are the gamers - studies
showing more women gamers, 2. Inclusion, and 3. Collection development.  Please
bring any information you may have on this topic to the discussion.
Individuals may have 3 - 5 minutes to share information they have.  (This
is on a volunteer basis)  Discussion will follow.

This discussion is leading up to a program to be held at the ALA 2014
Conference.

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou