[Libs-Or] Drowning in paper library card applications

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Tue Jun 18 09:32:08 PDT 2013

I agree with all of you, and the solution I'm pushing for is to NOT have to retain these documents.

However, if I lose this battle, does anyone have any suggestions for the best equipment and software for scanning quickly and efficiently and managing these scanned files?

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney
Library Director
Driftwood Public Library
801 SW HWY 101, #201
Lincoln City, OR 97367
(541)996-1251
kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org>>> "Colin Rea" <crea at fernridgelibrary.org> 6/18/2013 9:25 AM >>>

We don’t even USE a document.  The patron signature as to responsibility is on the card itself.  Fewer trees killed all around.  Even without a signature, a statement on your library card that says using it indicates an acceptance of all library policies should be enough.

Colin M. Rea
Director, Fern Ridge Library District
PO Box 397
88026 Territorial Road