[Libs-Or] Call for Proposals for the Annual ILAGO IL Summit has been extended to Friday, March 8!

Bryan Miyagishima miyagib at linnbenton.edu
Fri Mar 1 14:56:59 PST 2013

The due date for proposals for the upcoming ILAGO IL Summit on April 20 in
Bend has been extended to Friday, March 8. Please forward this information
to any interested parties. Questions may be referred to Bryan Miyagishima
at miyagib at linnbenton.edu .

The 7th annual ILAGO IL Summit will be held April 20, 2013 in at the
OSU-Cascades campus in Bend, OR. The theme for this year's IL Summit is
"Thinking about Information Literacy from the Top Down."

The Information Literacy Advisory Group of Oregon along with the OLA
Library Instruction Round Table, the Oregon Writing and English Advisory
Committee and ACRL-Oregon invite you to submit proposals.

Send us your ideas for panels, papers, presentations, round-tables,
workshops on best practices and pilot projects around information
literacy...we would love to hear about your work. To submit a proposal,
simply fill out and submit the form found at the following link,
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EFftsAbq_cHy_bSrojuHS03fTkas5rHnbao5FnsV16A/viewform?pli=1.

We invite you to submit proposals for panels, papers, presentations,
round-tables on best practices, and other programs. We are most interested
in presentations that focus on collaboration between instructional and
library faculty, ways to cross-fertilize to expand critical thinking, and
information literacies in K-16.

General topics of interest include ways of building information literacy
activities into various assignments, helping students see the value of
browsing, and media literacies beyond the library and writing classrooms.

Programs should be designed to run for a total of 45 minutes including Q&A.
We have room for up to eight concurrent sessions.

Program proposals will be accepted until *Friday,* *March 8.
*
Registration information for the Summit will be forthcoming soon