[Libs-Or] Oregon Reads 2014: William Stafford

Emily-Jane Dawson ejd at multcolib.org
Sat Mar 9 14:34:23 PST 2013

The Oregon annual State Report Card on public schools for recent years
includes a list of the most frequently spoken languages in Oregon public
schools.  The last several years of reports are online at:
http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=1821   In the 2011-2012 report,
languages are listed on page 6.

This doesn't show which schools or school districts include students
speaking these languages, but if your ultimate goal is to provide a list of
languages that are spoken by students, it may help.

And, I suppose the Oregon Department of Education may have a staff person
who would have more detailed information, if you ask them.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Rich Wandschneider <
rich.wandschneider at gmail.com> wrote:

>  a friend who taught at parkrose told me years ago there were over 30
> native languages represented in his hi school.
> rich
>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Martiěn Blasco <MartinB at wccls.org> wrote:
>
>>  Hi Everyone:****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I'm looking for information on the most linguistically diverse school
>> districts in Oregon and which languages are the ones spoken the most in
>> those districts.****
>>
>> The Oregon Reads 2014 Committee is looking for the possibility to publish
>> a booklet with a selection of pacifist and poet laureate William Stafford
>> in the most spoken languages in Oregon to be used in schools.****
>>
>> Thanks for your help,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Martín Blasco****
>>
>> Outreach Librarian for Latino and Multicultural Services****
>>
>> Washington County Cooperative Library Services****
>>
>> 503.648.9785 ext. 3#****
>>
>> ** **

>> or the sender of the message, by phone or email.
>> Technical questions? Call 503-378-8800.
>>

> --
>
> rich.wandschneider at gmail.com
> josephylibrary.blogspot.com/

> or the sender of the message, by phone or email.
> Technical questions? Call 503-378-8800.

--
Emily-Jane Dawson | *reference librarian*
Multnomah County Library

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are
well written, or badly written. That is all."
   – Oscar Wilde, author's preface, *The Picture of Dorian Gray*