[Libs-Or] MLIS Distance Students in Portland

Ashley Downs adowns627 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 14:33:04 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm a first-year MLIS student working on my degree through Syracuse
University while working as a full time research assistant at OHSU. I'm
really enjoying my coursework but miss having the chance to engage in
quality discussions with fellow students face-to-face. I imagine that there
must be other distance MLIS students in the Portland area that are in the
same boat.

Is anyone out there open to getting together to talk about school,
libraries, world affairs, crafts, dogs etc. etc.? :) I'd love to meet
fellow MLIS students in the area.

Perhaps some type of Meetup or group already exists that I'm unaware of. If
anyone is interested in getting together, or has ideas for how to go about
finding other students in the area, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks so much!
Ashley Downs