[Libs-Or] Don't miss 'Unraveling the Mysteries of State Libraries' Session at OLA/WLA Conference, Thursday, April 25, 2:15-3:30

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Thu Mar 28 16:16:36 PDT 2013

Our letters today are W, O, S, and L.

Ever wondered what Sesame Street has in common with the Oregon and Washington State Libraries? I thought so! Find out when Bert (aka MaryKay Dahlgreen) and Bert (aka Rand Simmons) pool their knowledge to answer all of our questions about State Libraries, including a lesson on 'One of these state libraries is not like the others, one of these state libraries just doesn't belong. How are these state libraries alike and how are they different?'  These and other mysteries will be revealed.

Let's hope there's no surprise visit from Oscar the Grouch!

Title: Unraveling the Mysteries of State Libraries
State Library: every state has one and almost no two are alike. What does a state library do and how do they do it? Where do they get their
funding and where does that money go? How do they work with their state association (or not) and what are some of the ways that library
communities can provide input into the activities of their state library? This session will feature current State Librarians from the Pacific
Northwest to help us shed light on these and other interesting questions.