[Libs-Or] Fwd: Are you interested?

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 19:12:55 PDT 2013

You might want to serve on an ALA Committee and sometimes it can be
difficult to be appointed by the ALA President to these committees because
there are so many people interested.  One way to get started is to work on
a subcommittee.  The Chair of the ALA Committee on Legislation (COL),
Vivian Wynn, is asking all COL members to make suggestions of people for
the COL Subcommittees.  Subcommittee members are chosen by Committee chairs
and not the ALA President and there are many more opportunities.  The
current subcommittees for COL may be found at the bottom of this page:
http://www.ala.org/groups/committees/ala/ala-lg.  There may be some other
subcommittees started soon like one on working with ALA Chapters.

There is real potential for being a virtual member on the subcommittees
since much of their work can be done through conference calls and ALA
Connect so don't let not being able to attend an ALA conference stop you
from expressing your interest in a subcommittee.

If you are interested in being on any of these subcommittees, or future
subcommittees, just let me know and I will pass your name along to
Vivian.

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou