[Libs-Or] Call for ideas: 2015 Teen Summer Reading manual (Heroes: "Unmask!") deadline Nov. 15

Abbie Anderson aanderson at cclsd.org
Tue Nov 5 11:56:13 PST 2013

Dear dedicated Libs-or library staff,

Please pardon cross-posting with the OYAN listserv. This is your
friendly and enthusiastic reminder to submit your programming ideas for
the 2015 Teen Summer Reading manual. The theme: Heroes. The slogan:
"Unmask!" The deadline: next Friday, Nov. 15!

Send your ideas by e-mail to trishsinclair at sbcglobal.net, or by mail to:

Patti Sinclair
306 Virginia Terrace
Madison, WI 53726

You can call Patti at 608 231-2467.

The attached PDF file gives some guidelines and specific examples. CSLP
is especially interested in "passive programming" ideas that demand
fewer staff and budget resources. Feel free to expand on ideas listed in
the document (you don't have to consider those ideas "taken").

At the Spring CSLP meeting we talked about inspiration from the
different kinds of heroes (local, contemporary, supernatural, literary,
mythological); what makes a Superhero (writing about, creating a
superhero or comic); Villains! and anti-heroes (in literature, in
history, in film); Talents and Powers (hidden talents, unmasking your
talents, finding, demonstrating your talents, etc.).

What will your inspiration be for Summer Reading 2015?

Thanks for your help with this! The more submissions we get, the more
robust the manual will be. "Unmask!"

Your own CSLP Liaison,
Abbie Anderson

--