[Libs-Or] Quirk When Searching Gale PowerSearch

Caleb TUCKER-RAYMOND calebt at multco.us
Wed Nov 20 11:12:59 PST 2013

Hi,

Roberta at PCC found a similar, possibly the same problem, occurs when you
are searching Gale through Libraries of Oregon (www.librariesoforegon.org).

When I search under the 'do research' tab there for "marxist literary
criticism", I get 37 hits.

I noticed that the "enter nothing" search trick doesn't work on Libraries
of Oregon. You have to enter your search, then enter it again in the Gale
Powersearch banner - over 150 hits this time.

Caleb Tucker-Raymond

Statewide Reference Service Coordinator
Multnomah County Library
(503) 988-5438