[Libs-Or] Oregon Archives Month at OSU -- news submission

Edmunson-Morton, Tiah Tiah.Edmunson-morton at oregonstate.edu
Tue Oct 8 09:48:13 PDT 2013

Oregon Archives Month at OSU -- something for everyone. This month we are highlighting the importance of archives and the ways that historical records enrich our lives. We invite people to enjoy Oregon Archives Month through OSU's historical collections and several fun events.

We're especially excited about the Oregon Hops and Brewing Archives Brewery Crawl on OCT 19th. What is it? Oregon has a rich beer history and recently OSU Libraries created the Oregon Hops & Brewing Archives to help capture and preserve it. To celebrate Oregon Archives Month, OHBA has organized a downtown brewery crawl and several talks on local brewing history. This is an event you don’t want to miss. We're also excited for our annual historic recipe event on OCT 24th. What is it? Our 8th annual historic recipe event, the Taste of the ‘Chives, falls on National Food Day<http://www.foodday.org/>! This year we're celebrating the launch of the Oregon Hops & Brewing Archives with beer-infused foods and recipes with brewing ingredients. We encourage you to cook these unique dishes and join the fun. Find out about all the events on our OAM website http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/archivesmonth.html. All are free and open to the public. Please join us!

Questions? Contact Tiah Edmunson-Morton, 541-737-7387 or tiah.edmunson-mortion at oregonstate.edu<mailto:tiah.edmunson-mortion at oregonstate.edu>.