[Libs-Or] Policy on self-published materials

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Sat Oct 12 11:53:40 PDT 2013

My library board is working on a policy that specifically addresses the increasing number of local authors who are  bringing their self published materials to the library and wanting us to purchase them.   While our selection policy covers this in theory, we're feeling the need for a little more direction as the number of self-published items increases and the interactions become a bit more personal.

Does anyone have anything specific that they've developed and that they share with those authors who want us to buy their books?

Thanks

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library     503-537-1256